We’ve heard it all!...
Here are some helpful phone tips we live by...
Never leave your phone unattended.
• Don’t give out servicer cell phone numbers to your customers. If the phone is reassigned it can cause havoc.
• Voicemail should only be used as an option -- not as the primary answering tool. The caller should first be given the option of leaving a message and secondarily voicemail.
• When taking a message, always get the best number, an alternate and best time or day part to return the call.
• If your business sometimes services emergencies, start with the phrase “if this is an emergency...”, and clearly instruct the caller what to do next.
• “Short text messages” are a great way to communicate in silence. Remember to write concisely, never making the recipient scroll down.
• The number one way to NOT respond to a caller’s request to speak with someone is to use the phrase: “He hasn't made it in yet.” Try responding to the caller with: “He has stepped out of the office. Would you like to leave a message...?”
• “Press 1 to stay on hold forever, Press 2 for irritating music...” “Can’t I just talk to a real person!?” Most people simply get mad and hang-up on automated call-routing systems. When Answerfone answers, the caller will always hear a human voice, guaranteed.